Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tiny little bugs destroy my herbs

So whatever these tiny little bugs are, they've completely ravaged my indoor herbs. I believe they came in on an "organic" mint plant I brought back from the grocery store. That mint paid the price for its betrayal, along with my sage, thyme, and basil. Only survivors thus far are my citrus trees and rosemary, and even they aren't certain. Dad gave the rosemary a haircut almost to the roots, and I'm spraying soap on the citrus trees every day. The little bugs come out of the soil and I zap them. I'll give it another week, and then I'll have to try something more drastic. Those trees are too expensive to just toss, like I've done with my herbs.

It's all so sad - they were glorious two weeks ago.

In other news, my dad planted/transplanted all my failed bulbs. Who knows, if I water every day, maybe a few will come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment