Friday, April 3, 2009

My parents come to visit

Dad was up at 4am staring out the window wanting to get to work! He's fixing a lot of little things around the house and helping me with my landscaping. I have a feeling we're going to disagree on the vegetable garden, but almost everything else we agree on.

I also finally got a downy ball to put vinegar in my rinse cycle. Small steps!

My latest batch of bread dough failed - way too wet. It gets wetter as it sits, so I think I have to keep that in mind when I'm mixing it. I'll use the remnants for pita (which doesn't care as much) and then start a new batch.

Dani on my yahoogroup explained her reasons for using Lasater's family pack of beef, and so far this is sounding like my best option for local, grassfed, sortorganic beef. I think $5/pound is pretty reasonable for that, and it's definitely cheaper than individual cuts from Larga Vista...but what about buying half a cow? Still have to do the math.

No comments:

Post a Comment